Take our new Calendar for a spin!
Click wherever the dates are bold, then click on the event for full details!
Grant opportunities for older artists
Helping underserved communities
This website is always interested in news that could impact artists as well as the community. Here is a splendid opportunity for older artists, by which we mean both visual and performing arts.
The Kenneth A. Picerne Foundation will begin accepting Artist Outreach Project applications on May 1, 2013. The Foundation will award up to 20 artists $12,000 each to provide under-served groups educational, mentoring, and/or therapeutic arts experiences of their own design. These art experiences are intended to reach people of all ages who lack opportunities to engage in meaningful arts programs. Artists will choose a nonprofit to collaborate with and the population they are interested in serving. Artists awarded the grant are expected to contribute an average of six hours a week to the people they are serving over the course of one year. Visual, literary, and performing artists, 55 years old and older, who live in Orange County are eligible to apply. The application deadline is July 31, 2013.
Executive Director Victor Nelson says: "I am very interested in increasing the number of Artist Outreach grants given in Orange County. I would appreciate it if you can pass information on to your colleagues and eligible artists via the Anaheim Arts Council."
Here you may download a one page description of the grant program.
Further details about the Artist Outreach Project can be found at picernefoundation.org.
You can also check out what is happening with the Artist Outreach Project on the Kenneth A. Picerne Foundation Facebook page.
Here is the timeline for the grant application and review process this year:
- May 1, 2013 – The Foundation will Begin Accepting Applications
- July 31, 2013 – Application Deadline
- July 31 through August 31, 2013 – Review Applications
- August 31, 2013 – Announce Artist Outreach Finalists
- Sept. 1 through Oct. 31, 2013 – Interview Finalists & Work Out Final Details (grant logistics, requirements, and mutual expectations
- Nov. 15, 2013 – Announce Grant Recipients
- December 1, 2013 – Grant recipients may begin projects on the date they established any time after Dec. 1, 2013